The companies Alegria vs Dansko
Alegria shoes are being made by Californian manufacturer PG Lite for more than 10 years now. The company has focused on making comfortable and yet classy shoes which are lightweight, flexible.
Dansko started up as a family business in 1990 in Denmark, but as of 2007, the company has moved to the US and has outsourced its production to China. Still, Dansko’s aim is to produce shoes for all-day, every day comfort, the Dansko clogs being the most iconic of the entire product range.
Dansko Vs Alegria Clogs
Sanita Professional Clog Review:
But it is not only the appearance which makes these clogs alluring, but rather the high quality of the clog and the great features they have and the ultimate comfort they provide.
- Open back clogs – easier to slip on but makes walking a bit more challenging for some people
- The toe box is roomy, and the soft and breathable lining is another reason you will not want to take these shoes off.
- Alegria’s unique footbed and sole system make them quite flexible.
- They are ready to wear out of the box.
- Manufactured in the USA
- The Alegria clogs are definitely lighter than the Dansko clogs, so that makes walking easier
The iconic Alegria footbed is made of several unique layers, starting on top with a breathable leather lining on top, a cushioning memory foam layer, followed by cork and Polyurethane for even more comfort, and finishing up with the rocker bottom layer which provides perfect shock absorption, decreases fatigue and allows for better energy return. Just refer the to the sizing chart before you purchase
Dansko Professional Clog Review:
- Closed back clogs, meaning that walking in them is easier but are a bit harder to put on
- The contoured midsole and wide heel offer great support to the feet and ankles, and the high arch support is great for relieving or avoiding feet soreness and back pain.
- Dansko clogs can be hard and lack flexibility
- Can need some break-in time
- Produced in China
- The Dansko clogs are definitely on the heavier side which makes walking a bit more strenuous
- Walking fast is a not problem, as the heel is closed
The outsoles are rubber and are slip resistant and also feature rocker bottoms which are great for shock absorption and energy return.
But the fact is that these clogs are actually quite different.
Even though since 2007 Dansko has been a US owned company, the sizing is European (the company originated in Europe), and also the shoes are handmade which makes the sizing quite irregular. If you compare Dansko vs Alegria sizing, you will find that their sizing is much more regular.
If you want to dig deeper with the clog comparison and compare Sanita vs Alegria vs Dansko check our other article as well – Sanita vs Dansko.
Well, even though they are both work clogs, the Alegria and the Dansko clogs are really quite different. The best way to choose is to try on a pair of them and try a little walking with them if you can. Of course, it is a matter of personal taste too, but whichever you choose, they are both great brands and great clogs!